We know that purchasing flooring is a major investment and that you may have many questions regarding the purchase and care of your new flooring. Listed below are some of most common questions we receive:
- How quickly can my flooring be installed?
We are able to professionally install in-stock flooring quickly, often as soon as the next day in Odessa, Midland and throughout West Texas. Because we have large warehouses filled with flooring ready to be installed, we can work around your schedule and help make updating your home easy and convenient.
- What Brands Does Paul Evans Offer?
Paul Evans offers flooring from all of the best national brands such as Mohawk, Shaw, Beaulieu, Tuftex, Lexmark, Dixie Home, Armstrong, Johnson Hardwood, Tarkett and many, many other brands.
- What type of carpet cushion/padding is best for my home?
We offer a variety of carpet cushion/padding in various varieties and densities. These elements determine the padding’s firmness, resiliency and support. Your flooring specialist will explain your options and help you make the perfect padding selection for your project.
- Does my carpet come with a warranty?
Yes. All of our products carry both a manufacturer’s product warranty and a LIFETIME Installation warranty. We also offer many floors – both carpet and hard surface – which include our EXCLUSIVE LIFETIME WARRANTIES.
- How do I remove stains from my Carpet?
Some carpet stains can be removed using a spot cleaning kit. Always spot-test in a discrete area before using any product. Blot stains—never scrub or brush them. Vacuum the area after cleaning. Always review your warranty’s condition and exclusions prior to using any solvents.
- How do I shop with Paul Evans? Is there any charge or obligation for an estimate?
For homes in Odessa or Midland we offer free in-home measurements and free estimates. For homeowners in other areas we charge a simple, flat measuring fee which is fully refundable when you purchase flooring from Paul Evans.
- How do I reschedule my estimation appointment?
Please contact 432-334-0418 and a representative will be available to assist you.
- What types of payments does Paul Evans accept?
We require that payment for all products to be installed be paid for prior to installation. Paul Evans accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, money orders or certified checks or checks. Paul Evans also offers instant credit with free interest for up to 15 months with approved credit. Contact our store for complete details and the currently available financing offer.
- Will my old flooring have to be removed?
Depending on the project, your existing flooring may have to be removed, or we may be able to accommodate a new installation over your old floor. Ask your flooring specialist for details regarding your exact needs.
- When will my installer arrive at my home?
Installations appointments occur between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Your installers will call you on the morning of your appointment to provide an estimated window for arrival. Unfortunately, a specific time of arrival cannot be provided.
- How often should I have my carpet professionally cleaned?
In a typical house, carpet should be professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months, depending upon the traffic volume and type of activity.
- Can I install laminate flooring in every room of my home?
We don’t recommend installing laminate flooring in areas subject to moisture such as kitchens, laundry rooms and bathrooms. However, there are new “laminate like” options which incorporate a high density waterproof core instead the traditional wood core found on regular laminate flooring which makes these floors idea for wet areas due to their completely waterproof construction.
- How do I maintain my vinyl flooring after installation?
After your vinyl flooring installation:
- Loose dirt should be swept from the floor
- Wash the floor with a non-abrasive floor cleaner
- Do not use the following:
- Soap-based detergents
- Abrasive or mop shine products
- Vacuums with rotating beater bars
- Ensure that furniture legs and/or appliances have large surface non-staining floor protectors.