Preparing for Installation
We proudly install carpet and flooring in Odessa, Midland and throughout West Texas. Aside from moving furniture, you can make sure things go smoothly on installation day by taking care of the following beforehand:
- Remove all breakable items, like vases, lamps, collectibles, and heirlooms.
- Detach and store wiring from TVs, VCR/DVD players, stereos, and computers.
- Clear desktops, tabletops, bookshelves, tops of dressers, and closet floors.
- Remove all sheets, blankets and bedspreads from beds.
- Before the installers arrive, vacuum the old carpet thoroughly to minimize the airborne dust and particles.
Your professional flooring installers will arrive with the knowledge, tools, and supplies to lay your new carpet or flooring. They‘ll need access to electrical power outlets and an area to store their electrical tools, so be prepared to help them set up.
After the old flooring and carpet cushion have been pulled up, vacuum the subfloor before the new carpet is installed to minimize dirt and dust. Keep in mind that your new floor coverings need to be installed over a structurally sound subfloor. Any damage from insects, water, or other problems should be repaired prior to carpet installation.